Tuesday, June 18, 2013

farming

farming
Farming is a job. You have to do the right thing at the right time or else something could happen to you.
You can't be a famer without the right stuff.
I learned how to drive a tractor when I was 4 and I learned how to drive a combine when I was 6. I learned how to drive a four wheeler when I was 7. I love farming so much.
Every morning I wake up wishing I was doing something on the farm. I sometimes dream about it too. When I'm on the farm I do stuff like check the sheep, check the cattle - all that kind of stuff.
One fun thing I like to do is jump the hay bales.
In spring it is a pretty hard time of the year because it is when all the sheep have lambs. So we have to go round checking all the lambs. We have about 650 sheep. If there is a dead one we just throw it in the pit we've got.
In summer we do harvesting. We have only got 1 header so it takes a while and it's normally really wet. If it is wet you can't harvest.
We mostly plant wheat or barley or pees or triticale or radish.
We only have about 600 acres so our farm is pretty small. If you're wondering we live on a cropping farm. If your wondering what triticale is, it is a kind of crop you can graze sheep or cattle in it.
It looks a bit like wheat but it can't grow very long.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Matt,

    Your farming must be a hard job for you and the others.What is the hardest part of farming?


    Jacob.L & Finlay.p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matt,

    Your farming must be a hard job for you and the others.What is the hardest part of farming?


    Jacob.L & Finlay.p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Guys,
      thaks for the comment the hardest part is harvest time because sometimes I stay at home by my self and I do not like that.
      from Matt

      Delete
  3. i love gardening and farming it is so fun because all my plants look beautiful and they are sat in my garden i have daisies apple trees
    and of course roses and daisies.

    Kyle and Rosie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to be a farmer as well because i love animals.




    by gowtham
    4.1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Matt,
    I love your story about our farm. We love it when you help us on the farm. It really helps us out. Dad and I really appreciate it when you stay inside by yourself sometimes when we are really busy. It is good that we can trust you to be by yourself. Love Mum.

    ReplyDelete